Downgrade iPad Baseband for iPhone 3GS/3G – GPS+Unlock Works
There is a good news for users of iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G. The People who have installed the iPad Baseband to unlock their phones maybe getting a problem of GPS. MuscleNerd (A person who created Redsn0w) has found a way to downgrade your baseband to 05.13.04 from the iPad’s baseband 6.15.00.
Very Important :-
[box]For those who are wondering if you can update your 3G or 3GS to 06.15 solely for the purposes of downgrading to 05.13.04, the answer is “yes” for 3G owners, and “maybe” for 3GS owners. The iPad baseband is not compatible with 3GS units manufactured week 34 of 2011 or later. If you have an iPhone 3GS and if digits 3-5 of its Serial Number are 134 or later (xx134…), then you should NOT try to install the 06.15 baseband on your 3GS! It will brick your radio, preventing both the downgrade from working and normal iPhone software from using it as a phone! Be warned! [/box]
Those people who wanted to unlock their phone but were afraid of upgrading to iPad’s Baseband due to GPS errors can first upgrade to iPad Baseband and then downgrade it to 05.13.04 for working GPS + Unlock. If you will install a stock firmware then no one can ever tell you that your iPhone was previously jailbroken and it may go to warranty.
- iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G with iPad’s Baseband installed
- Downloaded Redsn0w 0.9.14b1 for Windows here and for Mac OS X here
- Installed iTunes drivers
How to Downgrade iPad Baseband :-
- Turn off your iPhone 3G/3GS (With iPad’s Baseband installed) and connect it to your Computer and open Redsn0w 0.9.14b1
- Go to “Extras>Select IPSW” and select the IPSW firmware which you have installed.
- Then go back and click on Jailbreak.
- Mark a tick on “Downgrade iPad Baseband” and if you your have already Jailbroken your iPhone then remember to remove a tick from “Install Cydia”
- Put your iPhone in DFU mode and the instructions will be shown on redsn0w to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
- It will download the required files and it will take a long time so be patient. Don’t interrupt the process until your iPhone is showing the “Slide to Unlock” Screen
[box type="note"]Note :- Your iPhone may show “No Sevice” after this downgrade if you have already installed ultrasn0w. To fix this you can reinstall “Mobile Substrate” and “Ultrasn0w”. Your iPhone will be fully unlocked and GPS must also be working. [/box]
Latest posts by Harkunwar (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Benchmarks [Exynos 5 Octa Version] - 1 January 1970
- Ubuntu For Phone Launched – New OS Entry in Smart Phone Market - 1 January 1970
- Ways to Purchase Nexus 4 in India ? - 1 January 1970